HIGH MOUNTAIN FINANCIAL – VIRTUAL FEE ONLY ADVISOR
SPEND LESS TIME WORRYING ABOUT YOUR FINANCES
AND MORE TIME DOING WHAT YOU LOVE
AS SEEN ON:
DON’T MAKE THESE MISTAKES!!!
Get Your FREE Guide – Delivered Straight to Your Inbox
‘7 Money Mistakes Every Outdoor Enthusiast Should Avoid’
ABOUT DAVE FOWLER, CFP®, ChFC®
ABOUT DAVE (IN THE OFFICE)
I started as a career changer on the ‘traditional’ side of financial services back in 2006. I’ve seen a lot in that time, and my experience and observations over the last 16+ years have left me with the following beliefs:
1. An advisor who works for one of the big financial companies often has financial incentives for selling that company’s products – regardless of whether or not those products are really the best fit.
2. Commission-based products like insurance & annuities, although important and often necessary pieces of a good financial plan, inherently create a massive conflict of interest in the client-advisor relationship. I believe a client is better suited with guidance on these products from someone who isn’t earning a livelihood based on the size of these sales.
3. The traditional way of investing promoted by a large part of the industry amounts to little more than trying to read crystal balls or tea leaves. “Investing” is riddled with methods that sound good on the surface, yet under the hood are little more than speculation and gambling.
These 3 epiphanies form the cornerstone of what led me to start High Mountain Financial:
✔ I am INDEPENDENT – My obligation is serving you, not a company I answer to
✔ I am a FEE ONLY financial planner – Meaning I don’t sell any commission based products
✔ I utilize ACADEMIC INVESTING – Our portfolios are based on Nobel Prize winning academic investing research & principles, not guessing about the future
CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
What are some more reasons to work with me & High Mountain Financial?
- I help you discover and build a plan to have more freedom in your life – Money Freedom, Time Freedom, & Mental Freedom
- I help you IDENTIFY & ELIMINATE any gambling and speculating that may be occurring in your investment portfolio
- I have over 16 years of experience in financial services
- I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- I have earned the Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®) designation
- I am a Fiduciary – meaning I am obligated to put the interests of my clients first
- I am a Virtual CFP® professional – while I am physically located in Hawthorne, New Jersey – I work with clients all over the United States
ABOUT DAVE (OUT OF THE OFFICE)
When I’m not helping clients make progress towards their financial goals I can often be found on the local trails nearby.
I am an aspiring amateur trail runner – High Mountain Financial is named after High Mountain Park Preserve, a park close to my home where I do my shorter mid-week 3 to 5 mile trail runs.
I also love to go hiking and camping – I am very close to Harriman State Park in New York and the Appalachian Trail in New Jersey.
I do try to get in a longer ‘adventure a couple of times throughout the year, although I haven’t since COVID came along. My last ‘big’ adventure was a winter Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim route across the Grand Canyon (which was an awesome trip!).
OTHER FUN FACTS ABOUT DAVE
? Favorite National Park (to date) – Zion National Park
? Favorite Backpacking Meal – Mountain House – Lasagna with Meat Sauce
? Favorite Beer – Ballast Point Brewing Company – Victory At Sea Imperial Porter
? Favorite Dog Breed – Long Haired Chihuahua (Ours is Penelope!)
? Favorite Football Team – The New York Giants
? Favorite Musical Artists – A lot! But at the top of the heap – Prince / Pink Floyd
? Favorite Movies – Gladiator / The Road Warrior / Alien / The Thing (1982)
? Favorite Books – The Bible / The Daily Stoic / Starship Troopers / The Last Season
? Favorite Charity – Love A Child
ABOUT HIGH MOUNTAIN FINANCIAL
High Mountain Financial Coaching exists to help people live purposeful, passionate, adventure filled lives – both today and tomorrow.
Our Mission – Guide individuals and families to live out their purpose while building a life they love – through coaching, education, and planning.
HIGH MOUNTAIN FINANCIAL CORE VALUES
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
We understand that as an outdoor enthusiast you have dreams, hopes, and goals for the future that are unique and distinct to you and your family. We collaborate with you to create and manage an individualized plan for both time and money that actually works for you – allowing you and your family freedom to enjoy more of those meaningful experiences where lifetime memories are built.
Working together, through comprehensive financial planning and investment management, we will construct a plan designed to help you hit those milestones that get you and your family what you want out of life.
Want to explore how this may look for your particular circumstances? Click the button below to explore our services and how we can help you…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Get our weekly-ish blog post updates and newsletter – conversations about money and life with an outdoor twist – directly to your inbox